How to Overcome Jewelry Allergies?
Is there a time you have ever had an allergic reaction to jewelry? If you have never been affected or irritated by jewelry, then you might not have an allergy, but for those with allergic reactions to certain jewelry, for example, a nickel jewelry allergy. You need to know how to avoid this cases. It is known that the metal that is used in various jewelry plays an important role in most jewelry allergies. Not many consumers know the metal that is in their jewelry, which is something important that you need to know about.
Get to know the type of metals within the jewelry is an important way to prevent any allergic reactions, which means one can be able to enjoy their favorite type of jewelry out there. We are going to look at a few important aspects that you need to know when it comes to jewelry and allergic reaction.
Symptoms of Jewelry Allergic Reaction
There are certain symptoms that one will face when it comes to an allergic reaction caused by jewelry, there are certain symptoms the wearer might face. Some of the symptoms include the following:
1. Blisters, swelling, tenderness, warmth and redness in the area that comes in contact with the jewelry.
2. One might experience dry patches of skin or blister, which might appear as burns. This will happen in the area that comes in contact with jewelry. Health studies have been able to show that most people will start experiencing allergic symptoms usually 24 to 48 after exposure to a particular type of metal, in some cases it might start appearing after 12 hours.
Jewelry To Avoid If One Is Allergic
We are going to look at some of the tips that will help any individual to solve the issues behind the metal, and also know how to discover the type of metal jewelry that disagrees with your body.
1. Nickel and Stainless Steel – Nickel is the most common type of allergic material in the world. In most cases, the allergic reaction will come as a red rash that is quite itchy. It will usually come with water blisters one the metal comes in contact with the skin. Stainless steel might also lead to a nickel allergy. If you have hypersensitive skin, one should avoid both nickel and stainless steel.
2. Copper and Rose – If one is allergic to copper, one might get an allergic reaction if they wear jewelry that contains mixtures of gold and copper. Finding alloys might be the best way to enjoy a copper type of jewelry.
These are a few metals that cause allergic reactions. Other metals include brass, gold, and plated metals. One will only get an allergic reaction if they have an allergy or hypersensitive skin. It is important to get tested and know whether you have an allergy to any metal before you start shopping for jewelry out there, especially if you know you have hypersensitive skin.